We're so glad you're interested.
The school is full for the academic year 2022/23. We will consider requests for children turning 3 in the academic year 2023/24 ; or children moving from other AMI Montessori schools.
Here are the next steps.
- Sign up to, and attend, an open afternoon at one of our sites.
- Talk with us to find out if The Montessori Place is the right place for your family.
- If you think it is, complete the waiting list application form either online or by posting a copy back to The Montessori Place. We will then enter your child’s name onto the waiting list - although that is not a guarantee of a place.
- When places do become available, we invite you, and your child, to visit The Montessori Place so that we can get to know each other.
- If you are still interested in a place, and subject to a place being available, a trial day may be organised.
- If at the trial day we form the judgment that your child will thrive in this environment, we then send you a letter confirming we are able to offer your child a place.
- In order to secure your place, you must respond with a written letter of acceptance within 2 weeks of the offer being made.
- Places will be offered to children in order of priority:
- age appropriate * ;
- parents who intend to keep their child in the school until age 18;
- where there is a sibling already at the school;
- participation in the TMP community; and finally
- the date of registration on the waiting list
* The entry point into The Montessori Place is typically 15-18 months. From time to time a place may become available for an older child, for instance if a family needs to leave midway through the 17-year programme.
At The Montessori Place the school year is 36 weeks long. These weeks are divided into, on average, three 12-week terms. Each term is then split by a 1-week half term break.
Our fee schedule can be found here.
This fee schedule applies to all those who join TMP after August 2014.
For families who joined TMP before August 2014, please email Eme Fulop for the 2023/24 fee sheet.
Open Days are the best way to get an overview of the education we offer at The Montessori Place.
Each Open Day covers the Montessori Infant Community (age 15 months to 3), the Children’s House (age 3 to 6) environments, and the Montessori Elementary (age 6 to 12). Open Days at Eason's Green also cover the Young People's Community (age 12-16).
We ordinarily run three Open Days over the course of the year at each site – one each in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms, though the school being oversubscribed in recent years means we have only run Open Days for the youngest children.
The Open Day is designed to give adults an introduction to Montessori. As you know, the needs of children are very different from the needs of adults. Strange as it sounds for a place that is all about children, we have found over time that it works best for parents to attend without their children for this first visit.
We would love to meet your child on another occasion when we can give their unique personality our full attention.
Arrange a visit
We are passionate about this way of seeing, and being, with children. Like anyone who is passionate about something, once we start talking it is hard to get us to stop!
The Open Afternoons are the best place to receive an overview of the Montessori approach, so please do get in touch to let us know if you can make our next open afternoon.
Feel confident this is the right match for your family?