This assignment on the scientific method consists of three parts*.
Write a one or two page paper on the scientific method. Your paper must do the following:
- Answer: “What is the Scientific Method?”
- List steps in the Scientific Method.
- Look at different websites. Identify any differences you may find.
- Explain how scientists use the Scientific Method.
The following websites will help you find the information you need to write your paper.
The Scientific Method is the format of the science experiment you will do for your major science experiment.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Choose: Pick a topic that interests you.
- Question: Put your topic into a question that can be answered by your research.
- Research: Find out background information about your topic so that you can predict an answer to your question.
- Experiment: This is the actual experiment that you will conduct. (Experimental Design Diagram).
- Analysis: This is the data you have collected. This information may be displayed in a table, graph, pictures, photographs, or a combination of all of these.
- Conclusion: Write a report.
* Thanks to John McNamara for this excellent page.